Florey Neuroscience Institutes, Howard Florey Institute.
Post author: Nathalie Braussaud. Last update: 30/10/2015 at 2:34 pm by Nathalie Braussaud.
Neuro Research Services provides academic and industry researchers access to a comprehensive rodent neuro-phenotyping facility. Behavioural equipment, including video tracking software systems, enables the assessment of rodent motor function, memory, learning, addiction, anxiety, depression and nociception. This is complemented by neuro-histology and an advanced microscopy service that enables the full assessment of the central nervous system of genetically modified and drug-treated rodents. Access to expertise and equipment is available. A number of neurodegenerative and pain rodent models are available for proof-of-concept and preclinical assessment of potential new therapies. The facility engages leading neuroscientists and clinical consultants to provide expert advice and review of data. Projects are designed, managed, undertaken and reported under an established quality management system by experienced scientists.
- Dedicated mouse and rat behaviour testing rooms.
- Dedicated mouse and rat holding facilities.
- TIRF microscope.
- Surgeries and procedure rooms.
- Research collaboration.
- Fee for service.
- Expertise in rodent brain surgery.
- Expertise in animal testing and phenotyping.
- Expertise in a variety of routes of drug administration.
- Expertise in Statistical analysis of behvaioural testing data.
- Clinical expertise.
- Training programs in all equipment.
Expertise:Availability of technical support:
- Support for experimental design is available.
- Support for instrument use is available.
Note that this material was imported form the Victorian Bioportal and content requires updating.
Type: Core facility in a research organisation
Discipline areas: Biological Science
Affiliations: Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health