Multi-modal imaging research in X-Ray, CT, PET, SPECT, FLECT and MRI.
Post author: Lisa Hutton. Last update: 19/03/2018 at 4:03 pm by Lisa Hutton.
Monash Biomedical Imaging (MBI) was established to position Monash University as one of the world’s foremost locations for biomedical imaging and research. Supporting this endeavour is the establishment of a full suite of biomedical imaging expertise and infrastructure including:
- leading edge human and small animal imaging modalities
- an internationally renowned biomedical research community
- a global industry leader in biomedical imaging development
- synchrotron science applied to biomedicine
We support interdisciplinary and multi-modal imaging research in X-Ray, CT, PET, SPECT FLECT and MRI.
MBI will provide co-ordinated access and operational support for its core imaging infrastructure, as well as research training and technological development, in close collaboration with researchers and industry partners.
Co-localised with the Imaging and Medical Beamline at the Australian Synchrotron, MBI offers unique opportunities for multi-modality imaging and preclinical and clinical scales.
MBI has nodes at
- Monash Biomedical Imaging, 770 Blackburn Rd, Clayton – 3 Tesla MRI, 9.4 Tesla MRI and PET SPECT CT scanners
- Alfred Medical Research and Education Precinct (AMREP), Commercial Rd, Prahran – PET CT scanner
- Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 381 Royal Parade, Parkville – FLECT CT scanners
Program participation: ARIN, Innovation Voucher Supplier, Technology Voucher Supplier
Access by collaboration, Access by fee for service
Access by users external to managing organisation, Access by users internal to managing organisation
Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational, Computational Biology, CT, Data storage, High performance computing, Human, In-vivo image analysis, In-vivo imaging, Large animal, MRI, Mulit-modal, PET, Small animalBiological Science categories: