X-Ray Diffraction and Residual Stress measurements
Post author: Lauren Hyde. Last update: 02/11/2015 at 10:38 am by Lauren Hyde.
X-ray diffraction (XRD) provides information on the structure of your material. We have two instruments capable of collecting X-ray diffraction data on a wide range of sample types.
The laboratory can provide a variety of services including:
- Crystalline phase identification
- Quantitative phase analysis
- Crystallite size/microstrain analysis
- Residual stress measurements
- Retained austenite measurements
- Data interpretation and analysis
- Synchrotron and neutron diffraction assistance
- Consultancy and integration into research programs
The laboratory is well-equipped to collect diffraction data from a wide range of samples, and is well experienced in the quantitative analysis of data to give the amounts of each phase present in the specimen.