VPTN Professional Development Series: Developing business networks with industry
How do I boost the industry users in my facility? Where do I even start? And how do I maintain relationships with potential customers?
Level 7 Seminar Room, Building 99, off Centre Lane. Go to the lifts at Entry B and then to Level 7 and follow the signs.
Google maps link (click here). When in satellite overlay view, the location of the marker is at the entrance to Entry B.
Shaun Davis from the Australian Institute of Management will take us through effective networking and business development techniques to increase new business and industry patronage to your facility.
Input will also be provided by a panel of industry representatives, including:
- Ashley Bates – Ashley Bates Consulting, former Head R&D Alliances, GlasxoSmithKline.
- Sacha Dopheide – Principal Scientist, Planet Innovation Pty Ltd.
At the end of this workshop you should be able to:
- Understand how networking can assist your facility to grow by creating new business opportunities
- Be aware of, and share suitable networks for you and your associates to attend and to actively participate in
- Create a networking plan to ensure your business goals are achieved
- Have strategies to ensure you can confidently and competently network at events
- Successfully follow-up and maintain business relationships
- Develop relationships by creating alliances and further promoting your services
- Manage your contacts
A tour of the Baker IDI’s Physical Activity and Behavioural Epidemiology facility (formerly the Healthy Lifestyle Research Centre) and Burnet ImmunoMonitoring Facility will be available after the workshop, please register your interest below.
Please arrive at 8:45am for a 9am start. Lunch will be provided at 1pm. Registrations close Monday 23rd September, midnight.
Skills from this workshop will be vital to your facility’s success at the upcoming VPTN Showcase on November 12th at the Melbourne Town Hall. Keep your ears and eyes open for details soon!
Bookings are closed for this event.