Successful negotiation: the essential skills and know-how
We negotiate to make things better and preserve the value of what we have achieved. However, the principles of fairness, seeking mutual benefit and maintaining a relationship are the keys to successful negotiation. VPTN’s Essential Negotiation Skills workshop will provide facilities and their teams with useful skills for effective negotiation.
We often negotiate to preserve the value of what we’ve achieved. So understanding the various dynamics of the currency of negotiation is essential in the creation of value from each interaction.
To negotiate properly we need to consider all aspects of the situation and leverage the commodities to our advantage. However, the principles of fairness, seeking mutual benefit and maintaining a relationship are the keys to successful negotiation.
VPTN’s Essential Negotiation Skills workshop will provide facilities and their teams with useful skills for effective negotiation to apply to situations from fund raising and influencing stakeholders, managers or colleagues to instrumentation acquisition and service agreements. Participants will learn how to analyse each negotiation situation to establish their approach, role play realistic scenarios to practice their skills, where to them and then receive feedback and tips.
Your workshop facilitator: Anita Rigoni
Anita has a diverse career in medical and forensic science, human resources and senior management in both the public and private sectors across Australia, Asia and the UK.
With an MBA, Bachelor of Applied Science, Grad. Dip. of Management (Technology) and a Cert. in Advanced Facilitation, Anita is an experienced consultant and facilitator who works with teams to improve their group dynamics, collaborative conversations and decision-making, and has run workshops for CSIRO and CSL.
- Registration opens – 8:30am
- Workshop starts – 9:00am
- Workshop ends – 12:30pm
Who should attend:
- Facility managers/administrators
- Business development managers supporting facilities
- Marketing and communication professionals associated with facilities
- Understand the implications of different approaches to negotiation
- Be able to negotiate effectively while maintaining a positive relationship with the other party
- Have greater confidence in managing tension and dealing with tactics during a negotiation
- Be more strategic in planning for negotiations
What to expect:
- Negotiation Essentials workbook – framework and template to follow
- Morning tea
This event is fully booked.