Leading and Managing Your Team
Improving team cohesion and performance.
Enter building from Burwood Road, directly opposite St Columbus Street, take the lift to level 5 and follow the signs.
The first VPTN professional development workshop for 2015 will set facility managers up with the tools to lead and manage a cohesive team to better service customers and promote a happier workplace. Participants will have opportunities to customise a set of management tools for their key team management action areas.
Lead by Tenfold Business Coaching’s Ashley Thomson and Tania Baker, the workshop will provide you with the knowledge and tools to:
- Cohesively lead a strong performing team
- Communicate effectively and adapt to different communication styles
- Manage people effectively and drive performance
- Promote productive work practices
- Identify causes of conflict and resolve issues
- Effectively address issues of underperformance and use tools to plan and manage improvement
- Coach team members to achieving individual, team and organisational goals
An online quiz assessing communication styles that only take 2 minutes and thinking about the areas that you would like to improve between your team members. Details will be emailed to registrants ahead of the workshop.
For those who are already familiar with DISC Communication Profiles, this workshop will address the profiles in the context of team cohesion and performance.
- 9am Workshop start
- 10:30am Morning Tea
- 12:30pm Lunch
- 1:00 – 2:30pm Tour of Swinburne Platforms (optional):
- Software Innovation Lab – A NICTA lab integrating research advances and robust software engineering to deliver innovative and commercial viable software solutions.
- Smart Structures Lab – Australia’s only major, large scale, three-dimensional testing facility for testing of civil, mechanical, aerospace and mining engineering components and systems.
- Virtual Reality Lab – Incorporates sophisticated emerging technologies in virtual reality (VR) software and hardware, including motion capture, 3D scanning and alioscopic screens to enhance electric vehicle projects through design, virtual prototyping and ergonomics studies.
Registration for this event closes at 5pm on Friday 13 February.
About the facilitators:
Ashley Thomson coaches businesses and executives on how to achieve consistent success and deliver value.
Never one to sit still physically or mentally, Ashley is highly regarded for his keen ability to identify which areas – whether in an organisation, a network or a role – can deliver excellent results with targeted attention and action.
Areas of expertise: strategic alliances, action plans.
Tania Baker provides results-focussed marketing advice for clients in a wide range of industries and all stages of business. With a background in corporate marketing and business communications, Tania is skilled in communicating value to savvy audiences.
Areas of expertise: user experience, marketing communications.
Bookings are closed for this event.