Leadership Fundamentals, Module 1
If you were unable to attend this workshop please indicate you interest for a workshop rerun via the Contact us page.
Location: Monash University, G19 Building 75
Background: An online survey was sent out to Southern node VPTN managers in February, which aimed to determine a baseline skills set for facility managers, identify gaps, and to develop a suitable program to provide required skills. Results indicated a requirement to establish a skills program initially focusing on leadership and management skills, effective communication, and over time building on with conflict management and negotiation skills.
Outcomes: The leadership program has been developed to provide the following outcomes, also the program will have flexibility to adapt the content to the needs of the facility managers.
- Develop the level of awareness of self and others to help understand difference and improve communication
- Enable participants to conduct difficult conversations whilst keeping relationships intact
- Build skills to motivate, measure and maintain the performance of a team
The course will be delivered in a number of 1 day workshops
Leadership Module 1 Outline: This workshop will discuss MBTI and feedback topics.
- Deepen awareness of their own and others’ personalities
- Gain insight into and skills for working effectively with personality, including effective communication
- Gain skills for providing effective feedback
The workshop will be interactive and experiential. We will work the Myers Briggs Type Indicator and a model for providing effective feedback.