Introduction to high performance computing at VLSCI
This workshop provides an overview of the VLSCI hardware and an introduction to running jobs VLSCI computers
This workshop provides an overview of the hardware available at VLSCI and provides an introduction to running jobs on the x86 clusters and the Blue Gene computer.
- What is High Performance Computing?
- What is a x86 cluster and a Blue Gene?
- I’ve logged in – now what?
- Why do I need to manage jobs?
- Telling the system about your job
- Launching and monitoring your job
- Tips for different job workflows.
- Job management on the Blue Gene
The interactive workshop is primarily for new VLSCI users and will encourage user-focused discussion.
Participants need a basic knowledge of Unix, or will have attended the VLSCI Workshop: Using Unix effectively. Attendees are required to bring their own laptop computers.
Bookings are closed for this event.