Enriching the Role of Facility Managers
A 4-part Special Career Development Course
Enter off Grattan street. G20 is located on the ground floor, up the small flight of stairs to your right.
Want to upskill, add to your CV and be of more value to your organisation? How can facility managers go about that without doing a whole new qualification or changing jobs?
The VPTN is delivering a 4-part special career development course to utilise facility managers’ existing networks, connections and expertise to add value to their careers and their organisations. Facility managers talk to different stakeholders all the time – academic customers, industry customers, instrument vendors, reagents vendors, institutional administrators and other facilities. The expertise required to tap into those groups is inherent in the facility managers’ role, so how do we augment the value of your connections and expertise to the organisation. What can you get out of it?
Over two workshops and two follow up sessions, Tania Baker and Ashley Thomson from Tenfold Business Coaching will guide you through activities and help you develop implementation plans:
- To assess your skill set and be able to articulate value propositions to the broader organisation;
- To be more effective at generating leads to the other units in the organisation, for example the Business Development team;
- To position yourself and the facility as having demonstrable value to the organisation’s strategy, beyond being a provider of instrumentation and services.
Preliminary work (before 1st session):
- Complete the DISC communication style assessment online (10 minutes)
- Pre-reading (30 minutes)
- Implementation of plans developed in sessions 1 and 2
- Session 1: Thursday 27 November, 9am – 1pm
- Session 2: Tuesday 2 December – 9am – 1pm
- Session 3: Feburary 2015 – one hour – to aid in implementation of plans (date tbc)
- Session 4: March 2015 – one hour – to aid in implementation of plans (date tbc)
Room G20, Ground Floor, Alan Gilbert Building, Corner Barry and Grattan Streets, Carlton
The facilitators – Tenfold Business Coaching
Ashley Thomson coaches businesses and executives on how to achieve consistent success and deliver value.
Never one to sit still physically or mentally, Ashley is highly regarded for his keen ability to identify which areas – whether in an organisation, a network or a role – can deliver excellent results with targeted attention and action.
Areas of expertise: strategic alliances, action plans.
Tania Baker provides results-focussed marketing advice for clients in a wide range of industries and all stages of business. With a background in corporate marketing and business communications, Tania is skilled in communicating value to savvy audiences.
Areas of expertise: user experience, marketing communications.
Requests for registration close 9am on Wednesday 5th November.
Bookings are closed for this event.