Bio21 Cluster node workshop: Focus on Budgeting
Small group workshop to identify challenges faced by facilities in financial budgeting, understand approaches to budgeting and will build upon your understanding of financial reporting.
Cussonia Court room, The University of Melbourne. (google map location)
Cherry Birch of Birch Consulting will facilitate this small and interactive workshop and will allow plenty of time for questions and time to address specific issues you are faced with.
Outcomes: Heading into budgeting season, you will have a better understanding of how your budget works . At the end of the session, participants will:
- Be able to understand the purpose, types and methods of preparing budgets
- Be able to perform variance analysis and report on actual versus budget reports
- Recognize some of the pitfalls of budgeting and how to avoid them
- Have greater confidence in reading and interpreting their own financial reports, and
- Have had a chance to discuss some of their greatest challenges with regard to their financial management responsibilities.