Strategic transformation, productivity, innovation and diversity, visual communication, aesthetics,
Post author: Robyn Watson. Last update: 14/08/2015 at 11:31 am by Robyn Watson.
The Centre builds upon existing research strengths at Swinburne which links researchers with industries and communities to enable human scale, user focused, and design led innovation. This approach fosters the opportunity for deep and effective design innovation research, enabling postgraduates to transform often deviously complex problems into valued design innovations that have commercial and humanitarian benefits.
At the heart of CDI’s values is the desire to nurture PhD students from around the world with a range of different design discipline interests that have in common the goal to develop meaningful value for people. For many who have come through the design honours pathway powered by the Swinburne Design Factory, CDI provides the next step into advanced design knowledge development for graduate leaders in strategic and productive design innovation.
- allied health
- future products
- public good.
Across our strategic research applications, we seek to advance world class design research expertise in:
- design for strategic transformation
- design for productivity, innovation and diversity
- design for visual communication, aesthetics, and ergonomics.
The CDI has established significant core programs of design innovation research.
- Smart cap and gear (Helmets and Shields)
- Designing an advanced product ecology of protective smart wearables that reduce concussion and injury in high impact and elite sports, and inform health performance.
- Future-self across the lifespan (Ageing)
- Designing information services, product interactions and spatial transformations that lead to wellness and enable confidence
- Humanitarian village (Shelter and Services)
- Designing whole emergency village set up systems, products, information and shelter systems that rapidly engenders community care, and a sanctuary from distress
- GELDOM (Condom 2.0 with University of Wollongong)
Designing targeted and appropriate cross-cultural branding and desirable messages that lead to better sexual health using advanced materials
The CDI offers advanced research in design that aims to give our research partners and research students a distinctive competitive advantage.
We are interested in creative and ambitious design researchers, or researchers not from a design background but who wish to advance a design thinking, product or service design innovation. Our current design research focus themes are outlined in this brochure with more details available at www.cdiengage.com.au/
Centre for Design Innovation (CDI)
Swinburne University of Technology, Hawthorn Campus. Advanced Manufacturing and Design Centre (AMDC), 453-477 Burwood Road, Hawthorn, Victoria, Australia.
View location in Google maps.