Australia’s biocontainment laboratory for high consequence pathogens
Post author: Sally Corinaldi. Last update: 12/08/2016 at 10:33 am by Sally Corinaldi.
The PC4 Zoonosis Suite at AAHL provides a state-of-the-art environment for researchers needing to conduct projects that require the highest level of biocontainment and biosafety.
The PC4 Zoonosis Suite includes:
- the main large PC4 laboratory with workstations and cabinets for five scientists
- the bioimaging laboratory (capable of operating at PC3 or PC4)
- insectary rooms at both PC3 and PC4
- two small animal rooms at PC4
Incorporated within the PC4 Zoonosis Suite, the Bioimaging Facility is a specialist microscopy service and a Linked Laboratory of the Australian Microscopy & Microanalysis Research Facility (AMMRF).
AAHL’s Bioimaging Facility is networked throughout Australia providing a real-time interactive platform for research collaboration.
Our equipment and expertise is available to research partners and includes:
- live cell imaging
- laser dissection microscopy
- confocal microscopy
- advanced transmission and scanning electron microscopy, including cryo immuno-electron microscopy, x-ray microanalysis and tomography.
- Fee for Service
- Research collaboration
New and emerging pathogens.
Biosafety level 3 or 4 pathogens affecting both animals and people.
Type: Core facility in a research organisation
Discipline areas: Biological Science
Biological Science categories: Biocontainment (PC3 and PC4), Clean rooms