Used for crystallisation screening of membrane proteins
Post author: Shane Seabrook. Last update: 17/06/2013 at 11:12 am by Shane Seabrook.
To help the HTP crystallisation screening of membrane proteins we utilise our extensive knowledge of the protein crystallisation workflow in combination with expertise in the two primary methods currently applied to membrane proteins. Our unique combination of technology makes a variety of experiments easily possible, and these are all accessed, presented and optimised in the same way as the Nano Volume Screening crystallisation assays.
Lipidic Cubic Phase (LCP)
- We offer HTP membrane protein crystallisation assays using LCP in combination with the standard crystallisation screens.
- Unlike the Nano Volume Screening, these are based on batch diffusion technology (a sandwich-like plate).
- Online access to automated UV-imaging makes it much easier to visually locate a potential protein crystal amongst the often cloudy cubic phase.
- We use the same set up as for the Nano Screening assays; fortunately we have HTP dispensing technology available at 4 degrees which is important for keeping the unique physical properties of the bicelle prior to mixing with protein and crystallant solutions.
- Bicelle and membrane protein crystallisation assays can be completed against any of the available, or your bespoke, crystallisation screens available at C3.
Operation: Facility provides the service for you
Access: Access by fee for service, Access by users external to managing organisation, Access by users internal to managing organisation
Accreditation: ISO 17025
Capacity: We encourage greater utilisation