Used for helping the dairy industry create commercial opportunities
Post author: csirofood. Last update: 07/03/2016 at 2:18 pm by csirofood.
Our specialists in dairy chemistry and physics, food technology, process engineering and advanced separations help companies:
* investigate and understand variation in the composition and structure of milk and the impact this may have on product quality and processing efficiency
* develop technologies, strategic knowledge and intellectual property in value-added dairy products through our knowledge of the whole of the dairy value chain – from farm gate to nutrition
* develop new products that retain fresh-like characteristics by using novel technologies such as high pressure processing, pulsed electric field, ultrasound, ultraviolet and short-time heat processing
* understand the interactions between consumers and dairy products to develop strategies for high-value, flavoursome and nutritious products
* add value to dairy by-products, waste streams and oversupply using extraction, separation, concentration and stabilisation of specialised ingredients.
* make recommendations on strategies for whole produce and elaborately transformed products using nutritional and health technology reviews
* characterise dairy ingredients for nutritional, functional and health attributes for optimal end-product performance.
Operation: Facility provides the service for you
Access: Access by collaboration, Access by fee for service, Access by users external to managing organisationCapacity: We encourage greater utilisation