The BioTek plate washer is used to wash 96 and 384 well microplates for bead based assays (ELISA) and fixed cell assays used for Washing, dispensing and aspirating buffer solutions in 96 and 384 well microplates
Post author: Nicole McMillan. Last update: 12/01/2016 at 2:34 pm by Nicole McMillan.
Manufacturer: BioTek, BioTek. Installed 2015.
The BioTek plate washer is routinely used to rinse and wash both 96 and 384 well low profile and standard height microplates. The system can be used in manual mode or in conjunction with the JANUS robotic liquid handler. The instrument can also be used for cell based assays.
Benefits of the Plate Washer
– Accurate dispense/aspiration with <2 µL residual volume
– Rapid wash speeds reduces time spent washing plates (96-wells, 300 µL/well, 3 cycles; <30 seconds or 384-wells,100 µL/well, 3 cycles: <80 seconds)
– High and low flow options with optimised rates for cell assays
– Easy to use in both manual mode and with the JANUS robotic liquid handler
Technical features and specifications
– Ability to wash both 96 and 384 well low profile and standard height microplates
– Programmable shaking for up to 60 mins (slow, medium, fast or variable)
– 1 to 250 wash cycles
– 4 L supply bottles
– Rapid wash speeds; <30 seconds for 3 cycles of a 300 µL wash in a 96-well microplate and <80 seconds for 3 cycles of a 100 µL in a 384-well microplate
– Quick menu in manual mode allows easy priming, washing and manifold cleaning
– Compatible with the JANUS robotic liquid handler and EnSight plate reader
We encourage greater utilisation
Operation: User operated training provided, User or facility staff operate, User or facility staff operate pricing may vary
Access: Access pricing may vary, Book it on ARIN, External researcher use availableCapacity: