TIRF Microscope used for TIRF Imaging
Post author: Cameron Nowell. Last update: 20/01/2015 at 2:35 pm by Cameron Nowell.
Manufacturer: Leica, MC TIRF. Installed 2013.
Leica TIRF microscope capable 3 channel imaging at up to 30 frames per second.
Funding sources: Institutional
Benefits of the Leica TIRF
– High speed single channel capture (up to 50 frames per second)
– Very high sensitivity Andor IXon Ultra 897 EM-CCD camera
– Easy to use software interface
Technical features and specifications
– 160x NA 1.47 TIRF objective
– 3 high powered laser lines (488nm, 561nm and 633nm)
– Fully adjustable TIRF depth from 80-400nm (fluorphore dependent)
– Very high sensitivity Andor iXon Ultra 987 EM-CCD camera (cooled to -80 degress, 93% QE)
|External – Laser based System||$40/hour|