Super Resolution Microscope used for Super resolution imaging
Post author: Cameron Nowell. Last update: 20/01/2015 at 3:17 pm by Cameron Nowell.
Manufacturer: Leica, SR GSD 3D. Installed 2013.
Leica Ground State Depletion (GSD) microscope capable of single molecule super-resolution detection.
Funding sources: Institutional
Benefits of the Leica GSD
– Single molecule (20nm) resolution detection in up to 3 channels
– 3D (800nm in 50nm steps) capable
– Easy to use software
– TIRF mode available for super-resolution 2D imaging of cellular surfaces
Technical features and specifications
– 160x NA 1.47 TIRF objective
– 3 high powered laser lines (488nm, 561nm and 633nm)
– 405nm pump laser
– Fully adjustable TIRF depth from 80-400nm (fluorphore dependent)