Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer- Single Quad used for Profiling/comparative metabolomics
Post author: Zofia Felton. Last update: 01/08/2013 at 10:46 am by Guest – Nitin.
Manufacturer: Agilent, MS 5975C / GC 7890A. Installed 2008.
Used for comparative or un-targeted metabolomics e.g.
• Recommended if no prior knowledge of metabolite chemistry of biological system and can be a “fishing expedition”
• Ideal for identifying novel biomarkers or
• Ideal for identifying novel changes upon stimuli
• Results represented generally as multivariate analyses
• polar metabolites
• profiling of lipid compounds
• automated on-line derivitisation
Funding sources: NCRIS
Benefits of the Agilent GC-Q-MS MS 5975C / GC 7890A (EI/CI)
Internationally well established methodologies
Low cost option
Technical features and specifications
None have been added